Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hutan Lipur Sg Perdik - 13/7/2008

As I was about to host 3 of my north thailand birders friends to show them low-land forest birds in Malaysia, I thought it would be a good idea that I need to recce this local local birding patch nearby my house.

As I was driving, I was debating myself wondering about those vegetation/shrubs has it recovered since I saw the local folks clear them on 19/5/2008.
http://wcm-birding.blogspot.com/2008/06/hutan-lipur-sg-perdik-1952008.html
As I was heading there I do notice a few cars loads of peoples seems to tailing me most of the way. Only after I have parked my car I realised that this 5 cars and 1 van load of peoples also heading to the same spot as I do. They parked nearby my cars and all this gentlemen was being greeted by their guide who was there waited for them. The guide seems to be all eager to lead and show them the waterfall nearby. Well It seems that the local kampung folks of Perdik has materialised their plans of turning this patch to hutan rekreasi.

The shrubs much have been cleared compared to before to the recent elections. The site where it was once provide a temporary shelter for the migrants Ferruginous Flycatcher has been cleared and a commander hut was erected. Today I notice this camping grounds hosted at least 50 young men.

There are at least 120+ young university freshie marching into the waterfall from Nur Lembah Pangsun (a eco-tourism resort nearby) to add on to those that I mentioned earlier . Of most of my visit to this place I yet to encounter so many peoples.

Those shrubs that use to be a good hide for a few spp of Babblers and Rufous Tailed Tailorbird are yet to recover.

Despite the great disturbance to the eco-system although bird list was not as many as before. I managed to sighted White Rumped Shama,Malaysian Hawk Cuckoo, Black Headed Bulbul, Spectacled Bulbul, Red Eyed Bulbul, Yellow Bellied Bulbul, Rafles Malkoha, Velvet Fronted Nuthatch, Black-Winged Flycatcher Shrike, Blue Winged Leafbird, Yellow Breasted Flowerpecker, Crimson Breasted Flowepecker, Orange Bellied Flowerpecker, Dark Throated Oriole (h), Drongo Cuckoo (h), Indian Cuckoo (h).

The male and female Black-Winged Flycatcher Shrike was chasing each other. One of the bird perched on the wire quite near to where I position myself.

I really glad to notice a few Orange-Bellied Flowerpecker still around. I do recall this tree seems to be favour of the 2 spp of flowerpeckers that you would never fails to notice when you are here is being trimmed a few months back. I notice that the amount of flowerpeckers dash in and out seems to be lesser compared to the previous time where this tree is yet to be trimmed.

As I was waiting quietly for anymore spp that would be camera friendly, I was wondering what is "chuck...chuck..chuck.." sound... OOOH OK finally it is you the Shama.. Huh that is your another call ?
Inside the trail I have this Raffle's Malkoha female who pose for my camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so many bird, and good shots!
i want also don't have...
irfan choo

Wong Chor Mun said...

come over lah.. but I still think that Panti Forest is much better.
Will be there next month to see what is the difference of Panti compare with the time I went a few years back.